[Amc-list] Roller Camshafts - AMC -

I'm awaiting the results of the roller cam situation for the six.
If it works out it should be an exciting developement in the
AMC/Jeep
world!

Although a roller would be equally great for Gen I engines, I
doubt
there is even an inkling of enough people to finance that one!

Mark

<>

As for the 4.0:

The 'snag' would have been the oil feed hole not lining up
with the Hyd. Roller Lifter in the lifter bore - that turned out
well.

Next 'snag' would have not being able to insert the Roller Lifter[s]
body past the cast in supports - that isn't a problem.

Only 'Custom' item necessary is the Lifter Guide Bars - which
are being addressed by one Strokers member.

I'll have some figures next week as to the rough billet roller cam -

As for an AMC 327 Roller Camshaft - it would be the same process
as followed for the 4.0:

Find Lifters that fit -
Find if oil port in Lifter bore lines up -
Supply a OEM cam to be 'spec'd'  -
Write a check for the rough roller cam -
Write a check to CRANE for the final development.

        =Bt=
  milnersXcoupe
   "The Heretic"