Re: [Amc-list] Roller Camshafts - AMC -

" From: "Brien Tourville" <hh7x@xxxxxxxxxxx>
"
" Although a roller would be equally great for Gen I engines, I
" doubt there is even an inkling of enough people to finance that
" one!
"
" Mark

true, though being a v8 developing it shouldn't be nearly as big a
deal as the 4.0 project.

" <>
"
"
" As for an AMC 327 Roller Camshaft - it would be the same process
" as followed for the 4.0:
"
" Find Lifters that fit -
" Find if oil port in Lifter bore lines up -

i think that's already covered:
find -aftermarket- hydro rollers designed to replace these flat
tappets, used widely on amcs and also a-block mopars.
crane has a set with tiebars for the late amc v8.  they and crower at
least also have aftermarket rollers for the mopar.  i'd be surprised
if the crane set wasn't the same lifter as their amc set, just with a
different tiebar [length].

oem rollers are a nonstarter because the lifter galleries were
modified when they were introduced, and all sorts of changes like the
oil hole could've been incorporated.  backward compatibility was not
an issue.

" Supply a OEM cam to be 'spec'd'  -
" Write a check for the rough roller cam -
" Write a check to CRANE for the final development.

this is easier at least in that crane [and others] have v8-size roller
blanks, even if there are none specifically for the 327.  we haven't
found -anyone- making i6 rollers.