Re: [Amc-list] 66 American valve job...completed

On Mon, 9 Apr 2007, Matt Haas wrote:

> That spacer is not in the carb kit (it will have the accelerator pump,
> bowl gasket, float valve, vent cover, base and thermostat gaskets, and a
> couple clips). You can probably glue it back together with JB Weld but
> handle it with kid gloves since they are fragile. Worst case would be
> you take the pieces and a small piece of aluminum plate to a machine
> shop and have one whittled for you. Also, you'll need another base
> gasket. Some places list two. The correct one is FelPro 60044.

Is that one of those phenolic (brown fabric-y spacers) with
the molded-in PCV hose nipple?

They all break off. One fix is to chop off the broken nub, and
drill the spacer/insulator out, and insert a 3" piece of 5/16"
or is that 3/8" steel line epoxied in. Looks totally stock and
is stronger than original. It's easy.