[Amc-list] ? bored yet ? tell me a story, I'll go first!

[Amc-list] ? bored yet ? tell me a story, I'll go first!

I guess the days off Q-time thing must be striking deep into the ranks, er, the server is down?
Geez, it's quiet here! Home and online!
   Family is out, You guys aren't talking. I need to get started on a new'er project. but I also need to wait untill I see what the Doctor says on Thursday before tearing in to anything else.
  My son is bummed, we put the speakers in the Altima and took a cruise in the American, but his girlfriend is on a cruise until tomorrow night so he is on his way to spend time with his guy friends. That's good for him, we've [his parents] heard that some of his friends miss him as he is real into the girl!
   I've got a bid in on some nascar truck arms to add to the Ambassador pile! Still looking for the S-10 rear axle. Nothing much coming up in that angle. The two parts don't go together! The S-10 axle is for the American. I'd need to locate the rear axle for the Ambassador.
   My other thought is that sometime between now and my retirement I would like to do this American "right". It's a great 10 foot car now and phots real well, but it could be better. Someday I'd love to restrip it and mount the new doors and fenders [well, still need a drivers side]. maybe some mine tubs and redo the right 1/4. The left is actually as good as it will get as I did it after the mig purchase! Passenegr side was done with brass and a oxy, actylene torch. Plus it was hit in the distant past. Hard to believe, but the passenger 1/4 on my car is about 6 seperate panels, brazed, hammered, Duraglassed, then final finished! All of this work was done while I was an unemployed stay-at-home dad. Very low on cash, very little knowledge of the internet. Lets not forget I bought my car somewhere around 1995 for $300. In those days I had no idea that parts were still out there!
   If it wasn't for Dick Datson and his rag and "books" my American would have a small block chevie in it, sad but true! When Dicks rags came, I started to realize that going that route was not "right" for me. A turbo six sounded way more cool! I've never got to the turbo, migarted instead to the realization that a foot on th efloor straight line performance car no longer fit my "needs". Peoples cars like Franks wagon and a couple others led me to the 4.0L efi frontier. That is the route the car has taken.
   Perhaps someday along with a fresh body the American will haul with a stroker and the world class T-5 hooked to a nice 10-bolt 8.5" disc rear with a equally nice 3:42 gear ratio.

Someday.....

--
Mark Price
Morgantown, WV