Re: [Amc-list] ACID FREAKS : "Where's 'Dippy' ?"

--- Brien Tourville <hh7x@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I am against 'Acid Dipping' - Caustic Solution 'Dips
> - as
> you can never neutralize the materials caught in
> crevices
> & channels - and they migrate with humidity -
> bubbling
> paint   & rotting from within over time.

----------------------------

Brien,

I don't agree.  If the "acid dipper" can explain to
you how he neutralizes the bath and coats the treated
metal, I don't think there's anything to worry about.
A caustic bath and profuse water rinse should take
care of any residual rust removal chemicals.  I know
my trunk lid, at least, has remained in a damp
airplane hangar with no paint or primer on it for six
years now and the zinc phospate coating is holding up
fine.

Joe Fulton
Salinas, CA

--

Things get better with Time I guess !

Still - unless the car is really bad - where
uni-body channels will be replaced -
removing the coatings from inside the channels
and seams -
via dipping - for a road car - isn't my way.

        =Bt=
  milnersXcoupe
   "The Heretic"