Re: [Amc-list] Steering box changes, early 60s to later

On Tue, 3 Apr 2007, Tom Jennings wrote:

> I feel certain that there is a way to accomplish this. I had
> most of a '79 Spirit front suspension under my 63 Rambler,
> to get the small-tapers.

I forgot to say:

While this works, it throws off the turning radius geometry
somewhat. I ran it for years; it doesn't hurt tire wear at all,
it's not that severe.

If you don't space out the idler and box then the linkage can
probably go over-center in lock-to-lock turn. This would be
Not Good.