Re: [Amc-list] 4.0 head swap

--- Doug Dornbos <dornbos@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

this is the first time my head has been off the
> motor. can I re-use my
> head bolts or do I need new ones?

--------------------

Doug,
Where is your Rambler mentality?  Of course you can
re-use your head bolts.  Having said that, the threads
on the bolts and in the block should be thoroughly
cleaned up and lightly oiled so you can achieve
accurate torque settings. Ideally, you should use a
thread chaser type tap on the block threads.  A wire
wheel should do the job on the bolts.  Many engine
builders and some books will say you shouldn't reuse
head bolts, but they are very commonly reused.

Regards,
Joe Fulton
Salinas, CA