Re: [Amc-list] Ball Joints Again - Long Fiber Grease

On Tue, 6 Mar 2007, Ronald Brown wrote:

> About a 1 1/2 years ago I replaced the ball joints on my 87 Eagle.  Recently
> I've noticed that the front end seems sloppy, so I had it checked out with
> my mechanic and it seems they are worn out already.  Is this just bad parts
> or am I doing something wrong.   After reading the maintenance intervals
> that were suggested in your column I guess it's possible that I did not lube
> them enough, however the lower ones are permanent.  Any suggestions?

Sheesh! More crap parts! About the only things you can do wrong
are not tighten bolts (that would be "amusing") or never grease
it, you probably didn't do such foolishness.

Do you recall what brand they were? I forget the brand on my
failure, but the part number was "FA630".