Re: [Amc-list] Some neat AMC stuff I got yesterday

On 05.03.2007, at 04:55, Matt Haas wrote:

> One thing that my friend was interested in was if anyone knows the
> value
> of the stock certificate? The issue price was for one and two thirds
> dollars but I'm sure it's worth a bit more than that now.

Matt, this question comes up via my website every now and then, so I
asked it before, and here is the info Larry sent me in 1999:

,---------[ AMC stock (info from 1999)]
| AMC sold out to Chryler in the 3rd quarter of 1987 for $4.50 a share.
| Chrysler stock was about $32 to $42 a share for the common stock
which is
| the only thing we'll talk about, it took about 10 shares of AMC
stock to get
| 1 share of Chrysler stock except anything under about 50 shares of
AMC stock
| you had to turned the stock in for the money. I still have my last
5 shares
| of AMC stock, along with Dominick Jaradine, AMX prototype owner,
formerly
| from Kenosha and at least one former/present AMC now Mopar engine
factory
| worker kept one share. Anything less than 100 shares of stock is
called an
| "odd lot" or an uneven number of stock shares. I got my information by
| looking up my 1987 stock holders proxy statement, of about 200 pages
| detailing the merger of AMC and Chrysler.  The firm of: Morgan
Shareholder
| Services Trust Company, P.O. Box 2990, Church Street Station, New
York, New
| York 10008-2990 was where the stock was supposed to be sent, but
that was in
| September of 1988. I'm not sure is the address is good any more. Any
| stocker broker firm should be able to find out if the stock is any
good.

| Now the bad news: The stock is probably already cancelled and here
is why.
| A good number of cancelled AMC stock certificates are floating
around, John
| Conde, a former Public Relations director for AMC, sells them and a
lot of them
| are of that period. Here is how you tell if the stock has already been
| cancelled.
| 1) The stock certificate has holes punched into it.
| 2) It is signed on the black of the certifcate with the name of
whoever
|     owned the stock on the front.
| 3) It has cancelled on the front or back of it.
|
| American stock certificates were not supposed to leave the United
States.
| They could only be traded in the United States.  The only Global
Stock and
| the first one to be traded in both the United States and Europe is the
| Daimler-Chrysler stock. All Chrysler stock was transferred into
Daimler
| Chrysler last year with the Chrysler Daimler-Mercedes merger in 1998.
| Daimler-Chrysler stock hit a high of $100 and fell back to about $66 a
| share.  As I recall the Daimler-Chrysler stock may have been
delisted off
| the New York stock exchange because the Daimler-Chrysler stock is now
| largely owned in Europe and not the United States. And that is
probably more
| then anyone wants to know about stocks or at least dead stocks like
AMC. It

--
Wolfgang Mederle
Munich, Bavaria (Germany)