[Amc-list] Some neat AMC stuff I got yesterday

[Amc-list] Some neat AMC stuff I got yesterday

Yesterday I went with one of my friends to help him move his grandpa.
His grandpa worked at an AMC dealership (Harry & Carl's in Cincinnati,
OH) and I ended up with some stuff that my friend either wasn't
interested in or thought I'd appreciate. Here's what I ended up with:

- 23 Rambler Dollars in a tube (it looks like there were about 100 in a
tube originally).
- A couple of match books from the dealership (one almost empty, the
other almost full).
- A 50th anniversary pen for Harry & Carl's (BTW, their 50th was in 1976
and they closed shop in 1987 or 1988, my friend has the memo with the
exact date in it).
- A gold binder with a gold Rambler script on it.
- Volume 4 number 2 1968 of Americana magazine. This has an article on
Doug Thorley's (yes, the same guy that makes Doug's headers) and Dave
Kempton's racing efforts for AMC and an add for a Trans-Am racing game
(there are a few other articles as well: fishing, football, and one
about Cape Kennedy).
- A 1973 American Motors Owner's Road Atlas.
- An owners manual for a 1950 Nash Statesman and Ambassador in very nice
condition.
- Harry & Carl's stationary (two different styles, about an inch high
pile of each type).
- American Motors stationary (also about an inch high pile) that I think
has the address of their Cincinnati zone office on it.

My friend also took home a bunch of other stuff from the dealership that
was directly related to his grandpa (mostly stuff related to operations
and closing of the dealership that his grandpa was involved in
directly). Besides that stuff and more Rambler Dollar's, he took home a
framed share of American Motors stock issued in 1968 to the dealership,
a medium sized box of mostly promo models (a 1966 Marlin, a couple of
1968 Ambassadors, a couple 1968 Javelins, an early Hornet, an
unassembled snap together Javelin, and an assembled AMX that somehow
lost it's engine over the years). He also took home a perfect promo
picture of a 1962 American. I'm sure there was plenty of other AMC stuff
he took home yesterday on top of the stuff he's had for a while but I
can't think of anything else that stands out.

One thing that my friend was interested in was if anyone knows the value
of the stock certificate? The issue price was for one and two thirds
dollars but I'm sure it's worth a bit more than that now.

BTW, none of this stuff is for sale right now. I'm going to try and scan
the magazine eventually and post the contents.

Matt
--
mhaas@xxxxxxx
Cincinnati, OH