Re: [Amc-list] Haggerty News features AMX as an emerging good value

Re: [Amc-list] Haggerty News features AMX as an emerging good value

As far as rust is concerned, I don't think the AMCs rust out any faster,
and likely fare better. The exception might be in salty areas. Used AMCs
were typically the "winter beater" as used cars with low resale value.
Now that they are getting more collectible/valuable, people are finding
they didn't fare well as far as rust. Not because they were more
susceptible to rust, but because they were more exposed and taken less
care of. People here in Dover are careful to wash cars after the snow
and ice is gone, unless it's just a beater not expected to last more
than a few years.

That's a problem I have with lots of people's snide remarks about
Ramblers "falling apart" on them. Most of those were bought well used
(all but worn out!) and hadn't been taken care of because they were the
beater. The car just happened to last long enough to be passed on/sold
to someone else DESPITE being badly abused, then someone has the nerve
to state how much of a POS they remember Ramblers/Pacers/Gremlin/etc.
being!! The Javelin and AMX fared a bit better because of their
muscle/pony car image, but a lot of them were beat to death in other
ways too.