Re: [Amc-list] Frustration

Back in the late Seventies, when I lived in Tucson Arizona, I won a
Chevy Monza (yuck!) in a supermarket contest. I had to drive to Phoenix
to pick up the money (you don't think I wanted that car, do ya?) so my
wife and I decided to shop around for a Javelin while we were there. I
found one that looked reasonable we stopped by the guy's house to check
it out. Upon our arrival, he informed us that he had been offered $1200
for it, but was hoping for more. I wasn't sure if that offer was real or
not, but I took to mean that was his bottom line. After checking the car
out, I told him I'd give him $1400 cash money, like now. Just let me run
to the bank. He accepted. When I returned, he informed me that during
the 45 minutes I was gone to the bank, the other guy had called back
(what a coincidence) and told him he'd give him $1600 if he'd hold the
car for him. "Really?" I asked, folding fourteen one hundred dollar
bills back up and putting them back in my pocket, "If I were you, I'd
take it." Then, I turned and left. If there is any justice in the
universe, that 'other guy' didn't exist...

Keleigh

PS. We ended up buying a darn nice 73 Gremlin X, Maxi blue with white
hockey stripe and interior, 258/TF. I miss that car to this day.