Re: [Amc-list] Frustration

How about the one where you go into a car dealer, test drive a 4 wheel drive
truck that's older than the hills, rusty and all that kinda crap and then
tell the dealer you'll take it for his advertised price, his comment comes
back, well I have to have $100 more because a regular customer has promised
to buy it next week for the advertised price??  "WHAT? You mean you'll turn
down money right now for a suppossedly "promise" next week?" what ever
happened to cash in hand is worth two on the promise. or something like
that.  Suppossedly this "regular" customer has much greener money than mine
just like the guy who wanted $300  for the same  crap he can only get $100
for at the shredders. For some reason people just think that they ought to
screw every one every chance they get just to make a buck. I hope all of
them can sleep at night and I hope the Pearly Gates have equivalent
treatment for them as they gave here.

Here's another one that's not new and every one has a horror story about it,
and is AMC content.

There's a Javelin close by me that I first saw twenty some years ago, it's
got ram air and a 360 four speed, been trying to buy it ever since. Lost
track of it for a long time, then it surfaced about 18 months ago. It had
been hiding in a shed until a very high wind came along and blew the shed
apart. Luckily the car wasn't damaged but guess what? Now the car has sat
outside unprotected for 18 months. Now in it's third winter sitting outside,
drivers window won't stay up so the owner just let it stay down inside the
door, interior now shot, used to have a tarp over it, sun rotted the tarp
into shreds, shreds flap at the body and further damage the car. The engine
might still turn over, yeah right. The T-10 may still be good as long as
more moisture doesn't condense inside it. The ram air is complete less one
trim piece, it's all slowly returning to the earth from whence it came. It's
rusty enough that my plan has been to acquire it and build a # 6 Penske
Trans Am car out it, you know the rust is in all the places that you'd redo
for a race car any way, but of course the owner keeps saying that it's his
dream car that he always wanted so he's going to fix it up, currently it's
sinking into the dirt it's parked on top of, the drive shaft is going to
corrode into worthlessness, as will that T-10 if it stays in contact with
the ground, th e dics brakes in front and the drum brakes in the back will
corrode into a solid mass of useless rust, the weeds have grown all around
this man's "dream". I think he's been smokin too much of that "weed". the
outdoor critters have taken over what's remaining of the interior. Don't
they always! those pesky mice anyway. Can one ever get that mouse turd smell
out of a car's interior? Will he sell it? Nope. He's going to let it rot
till it's not even good for the shredder. He' ll never do anything with it.
It needs $12,000 worth of metal work and paint. Fer god's sake at least that
much body work anyway. He will never be able to find all the parts the car
needs for a full resto, now that he's allowed his "dream" to "fade" most of
those parts are extinct! I keep asking, but he keeps saying no, sigh, I hope
he comes around before it's not even good for making it into a race car.
some body console me, I think I'm going to begin crying again,

Armand