Re: [Amc-list] Frustration

Date: Friday, February 2, 2007 09:52 AM
From: Archimedes <Freedom@xxxxxxxx>

So I get this phone call from a fellow who runs a towing service about
an
old car he picked up that day and wants to sell.

"I'll let you have it for $300", he says; but I have to buy it right
now,
because tomorrow morning, he's going to take the car to the local metal
recycler, where he says they'll pay him about $100 for it.

I propose that he drop it off at my place for the $100 instead.  A
better
deal for him because he won't have to wait in a line to do so -- he can
just drop it and go.

No sale.

I can see your point -- if he's going to get $100 from the shredder, and
intends to take it right away, why not let you have it for that price?
If it were me I'd say "come get it", I surely wouldn't waste my time
towing it to you, unless you wanted to pay the tow bill. I can see that.
Yeah, he'll have to tow it to the shredder, but I'd assume he takes a
trailer load (or at least a couple cars) at a time. So I can see him
wanting a bit more than the $100 he knows he'll get, but not $300. I
know why you don't want it too -- you can only save/store so many cars
by yourself!