Re: [Amc-list] real amc'ers

On Fri, 26 Jan 2007, dornbos@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> I use the Wilwood on my '73 Matador. I switched to disc front
> brakes and did not change the master cylinder or use power assist
> so the balance was wrong. I used the Wilwood because it was
> easier to find quickly AND because I could foresee making further
> changes in my brake in the future AND because I don't care if my
> car remains stock. Note: I bought the Summit brand from Summit
> for far less money but it came as the Wilwood (which I knew from
> my friend who had purchased one earlier.) I haven't touched it
> since I set it originally. On somewhat slippery conditions, my
> rear tires lock up just before my front ones.  > > good luck.

When I replumbed my Hornet, I re-did factory plumbing (combo
block and all that). I now regret that, and wish I had skipped
the brake-fail block nonsense and done it straight with the
Willwood prop valve.

For those of us who maintain their cars top-notch (pretty much
all of us here with cold cars!) that idiot light isn't useful
-- I bleed my brakes annually/biannually and usually know what
state they're in (eg. I look!).