Re: [AMC-List] 3 bolt vs 4 bolt

Jim

Snip
By running off the PS pump, that would put the compressor on the
driver's
side, yes?  I've been collecting AC brackets, and even bought a
complete,
NOS, "Mount up and Drive" kit that AMC sent to the dealers to use when
it
would be a dealer add-on.   All the parts that I have are for the later
set-ups, and I believe put it on the passenger side with the 3rd
groove/belt.
Snip

Not "by running off of the PS pump, the only thing that runs off of the
power steering
pump is the smog (air pump) pump for 1970 if you have standard
transmission. It is run
BY- the same belt that runs the power steering pump. You get a bigger
belt. The
Bigger belt runs both the A/C compressor and the power steering pump.
Thus the only thing you need for drive pulleys is the 2 groove pulley.
The A/C
compressor mounts on the passenger side of the engine.

Snip
John, living in Arizona, I'm sure you can understand, that I want AC in
any
car I drive, doubly so because I'm seriously considering black as the
color
for this car.
Snip

Unnerstood, here you can not even sell a derelict beater if it does not
have
Working A/C.

John