Re: [AMC-List] 65 Marlin Instrument Bulbs

Re: [AMC-List] 65 Marlin Instrument Bulbs

I've wanted to put LEDs in my panels but it hasn't been high on the list...

The issue with LEDs are that they are not omni-directional.  My 67s have
alot of illumination done through the edge of clear plexiglass (light
pipes).  LEDs just shoot straight up.  Not sure of the answer.

As for the heat of 168s. Dunno.  The heat will be directly proportional to
the current draw so, if 168s pull a significant more amount of current, the
heat will be significantly more.

Try this...  Take a 158, impede airflow around it (a towel, in a small box
or etcetera), put 12V across it and measure the temperature.  Do the same
with a 168 and see how much hotter it is.