Re: [AMC-List] Was E-Stick, Now Drivers

On Wed, 20 Dec 2006, JOE FULTON wrote:

> Would it not be neat to have an AMC meet in a large
> park with plenty of room and low-traffic streets,
> where owners could let others borrow their cars to see
> how they drive?

That would be unbelievably great.

It would be a hell of a way to get import-scene kids to check
out old cars -- and (us) geezers to try out theirs! Swap!

There is some risk to both parties favorite toys, but hey,
my Rambler is pretty indestructable.

Joe, that's a great idea.

My 63 Classic totally freaks out valet parkers, they can't
find the ignition key hole, never mind parking brake, etc. 17"
steering wheel freaks them out.

Wanna impress an import-scene kid? Drive straight over curbstones
with your 8" ground clearance Rambler! Thump bump! Damn things
reach the radiator in those lowered cars.

> I would loan my Javelin
> in a heartbeat if I could get the chance to drive a
> bathtub Nash, stepdown Hudson, etc.

I've been hankering to drive something really old for some time,
1930's or whatever; I'm thinking that long-term, I may go that
route for fun and challenge.

I bet a lot of marques would love to have other people check
out how cool it is to drive their cars.

The muscle car people, I can see might be wary, ignorant people
tend to act out cliches without thought (eg. teaching young
men to shoot guns; been there done that, scary!).