Re: [AMC-List] Was E-Stick, Now Drivers

Mark said:

I drove one in perfect working order as late as
1985-6!
It was creepy! To shift with no clutch! Everyone
should get to drive one once!
what  blast! Just hit the gas and go, let off the gas,
shift and nail it
again!

------------------------------
Would it not be neat to have an AMC meet in a large
park with plenty of room and low-traffic streets,
where owners could let others borrow their cars to see
how they drive?

The latest issue of Hemmings Classic Car comes to
mind, which features Cadillac Eldorados of different
vintage.  How neat to get behind the wheel of
something unique (and most AMCs are unique now) and do
your own drive report.  I'm not talking about
burnouts, just safe and sane driving to let another
hobbyist experience the car.  I would loan my Javelin
in a heartbeat if I could get the chance to drive a
bathtub Nash, stepdown Hudson, etc.

Joe Fulton
Salinas, CA