Re: [AMC-List] Overdrives revisited.

Yeah, "Warn" isn't same as "Warner" but there is some historic relationship,
apparently.

This from: http://www.hermtheoverdriveguy.com/id21.htm

Besides the popular Warn overdrive, there is another type you might find on
an old Jeep.  The Borg-Warner overdrive is different than the Warn
overdrive.  It was originally designed for two wheel drive applications.  An
adapter kit was once available to mount one behind the Dana 18 transfer
case.  The rear driveshaft had to be shortened.  Overdrive was only useable
in 2WD.  The Borg-Warner unit was a forerunner of the Warn overdrive.  Once
the Warn unit was introduced in the early 1960's, sales dropped off
considerably because of the complex installation.  Borg-Warner Overdrive
Manuals can be seen here.

More history on this at:  http://www.hermtheoverdriveguy.com/id20.htm

Might be interesting to some...
Ralph Ausmann  -  Hillsboro, OR - > <ralph.ausmann@xxxxxxxxx>