Re: [AMC-List] FWD: wanted: man flywheel for 1967 J3000 232 six(short wa

Re: [AMC-List] FWD: wanted: man flywheel for 1967 J3000 232 six(short water pump)

" From: "Swygert, Francis G MSgt 436 CES/CECM" <Francis.Swygert3@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
"
" I had no idea the short water pumps were used in the big Jeeps in the
" early days.  Probably the 65-70 Kaiser Jeep, as the 230 OHC the AMC 232
" replaced is a relatively short engine.

yup!  think i got it from the mitchell interchange.  it figures about
the 230; it was small bore and long stroke.

" The stretched Jeep is the CJ-7, just to be picky!! ;>

no, the cj7 had a -94"- wheelbase, 10" longer than the cj5, and it was
needed for not only the th400 auto but also the quadratrac.  the cj5
got only the underhood stretch.

i've heard of some cj7 - wrangler body swapping, but i don't recall
now which way.

" They used an inch or two under the hood so that a standard length
" water pump could be used as well -- one pump for all six cylinder
" engines.

straightforward logic.  somewhat amazing in an amc connection... ;^>