-----------
Date: Wednesday, December 13, 2006 11:44 AM
From: andrew hay <adh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

" From: "Swygert, Francis G MSgt 436 CES/CECM"
<Francis.Swygert3@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
"
" Just a side note -- that short water pump was also used on 71+ CJ-5s,
in
" case someone is having trouble finding a short pump and pulley.
"
" it should be the same; afaik all '65-'71 jeeps are just like all
" '64-'71 amcs.  there are no engine differences i know of, save the
" very short water pump amc only used on the '65 american.

yes, up to '74 or '75, when the cj's wheelbase was stretched from 81"
to 84".  the big jeeps used it originally; i don't know when they
stopped.