Re: [AMC-List] Temp sending unit on 60 Rambler 196

Re: [AMC-List] Temp sending unit on 60 Rambler 196

On the 196 (OHV and L-head) the temp sensor is in the head near the
thermostat housing. Late model AMC sixes (232/258/4.0L) have it on the
left rear of the head. Earlier models (199/232) I believe have it in the
thermostat housing. The only AMC engine I know of with a temp sensor in
the center of the block is the Renix 4.0L. Later HO 4.0L engines have it
in the thermostat housing.