Re: [AMC-List] '69 Rambler/232/T-14 clutch needed

Re: [AMC-List] '69 Rambler/232/T-14 clutch needed

I  would stick to a RAM or Mclueod  [SP?] Piece and avoid Centerforce.
Especially Centerforce release bearings. If $ are at issue I would use rebuilt clutch and pressure plate, but still get the Ram or Mcluoed Release bearing. I used what I thought was a good name brand bearing in my American and it was noisy in les sthan 1,000 miles. I pulled the trans and went to the Mcleoud Bearing and all is wells
  When Buying rebuilt pieces try to stay to NAPA or similay good name Rebuilds and resurface the flywheel. By following all the proper steps if you get a bad rebuilt piece they will usually stand behind it. But your going to eat the labor. I have rebuilt in mine as I horse traded a 4.0L core shortblock for a rebuilt 10.9" clutch pressure plate and resurfaced flywheel. It has a worked well for me except for the aforementioned release bearing that I bought myself!
--
Mark Price
markprice242ATadelphia.net