[AMC-List] Disc rear interchanges/Was/Re: speaking of carburetors

[AMC-List] Disc rear interchanges/Was/Re: speaking of carburetors

Didn't notice the subject till now, Not much said about Carbs!
On the same line I just did the front brakes on the 97 XJ today and after replacing the crusted rotors/Cracked split pads and cleaning things up I went to the rear drums, pulled them off and much to my surprise everything is spotless!
  I also replace the F$%^#in trackbar too, Talk about a pain! I'm still in pain! Let alone fighting one of those off and on! Arg! My son helped and I swore.
  Good thing is a few years back I bought a bunch of take off springs/Arms/shocks and a like new trackbar was in the pile! So I didn't have to buy a new one or repair the one on it!
  The cost of a replacement track bar and new shocks would exceed what I paid for the takeoff stuf. I bought this stuff off of a 2000 with 10K on it back in 2001. Glad I kept it as I sold my 96 soon after.
   Anyway, I drove the 97 and it stops like a new one again. I'll be skipping adding rear discs to it. I'm not fixing what ain't broke!
Mark Price
markprice242ATadelphia.net
Morgantown, WV