Re: [AMC-List] just when I thought it was safe

Message: 6
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 09:20:28 -0600
From: "Eddie Stakes" <eddiestakes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:eddiestakes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>>
Subject: Re: [AMC-List] just when I thought it was safe
To: <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:mail@xxxxxxxxxxxx>>

<snip> It's worked with my wife Paige now for 18 years, she has
driven AMC's since we started living in sin in 88. (We are married long time
now though). <snip>

Living in sin? all this time I thought you lived in Houston......

Although I don't have a significant other, it is nice having someone around to encourage your habit...I mean hobby. I live with my parents (both disabled) and my mom encouraged me to buy the 66 classic. I have told her about other AMC's I have found and she asks if I can afford to buy it or if I am interested in buying it. Later when I told her I needed to get rid of some cars (meaning wagoneer and the toronado) she asked me "you're not getting rid of the white rambler (the classic) are you?" Now I am considering selling it (along with my 84 Eagle Limited and my GMC truck) and bringing  a better truck into the herd. I just have to figure out how I am going to tell her and my boss and his wife (they sold me the rambler and had as many dreams for it as I did).

Jamie Smith
Spokane, WA
oconner51@xxxxxxxxxxx
1966 Rambler American 220 Station Wagon
1966 Rambler Classic 770 Two Door Hardtop
1977 GMC Sierra 3/4 ton Pickup
1978 GMC 3+3 3/4 ton Crew Cab (pending)
1984 AMC Eagle Limited Station Wagon
1986 AMC Eagle Station Wagon