[AMC-List] '73 AMX 360-4v/Auto/TwinGrip, Wild Plum...[NJ]

[AMC-List] '73 AMX 360-4v/Auto/TwinGrip, Wild Plum...[NJ]

Another ‘Put Up or Shut Up’ sale.

I just towed home a ’73 AMX that is very rough, but it’s a well-optioned
car, having all the good stuff- functional cowl induction, 15” wheels,
twin grip, and is originally a Wild Plum car, now a faded black. It’s a
‘P’-code 360-4v/Auto with a black vinyl interior (tho the seller thought
it might have once been a Pierre Cardin car, but I forget what trim code
that was in ’73). He also said the trans was rebuilt shortly before he
parked it due to the rust issues in ‘97. The 360 *should* wake up with
the usual minor efforts. Clear NJ title showing 55k original miles,
odometer reads 77k.

The functional hood’s fiberglass skin is excellent, as are the rear
screen and the underside’s metal insert for the rubber seal. The metal
frame, however, is BADLY rotted out around the driver-side hinge mount.
I have a good steel hood that can provide a replacement frame, included
free with the car. I also have a NON-functional cowled hood available
for sale- needs minor corner fixes, but could also be converted to
functional status using this car’s hood. The correct air cleaner is also
in the car, with a nice seal and lid with flap. The inner lid is not
with it, but may be in the trunk (no key- haven’t crawled in yet to see
what else is in there). I’m also told the grille screen may be in the
trunk- unknown as yet, but I have a decent screen I will include with
the car if the original is missing. I also have the proper parking
lights in an extra, busted-up grille.

Anywayz, I grabbed it not to fix it (I have plenty of projects), but to
pass it on. I look and see a pile of sellable parts, but like others,
I’d prefer the car be saved and restored. I fear most will look at it
and say ‘not a chance’, but in the hopes someone will fix it, I’ll give
it a shot at leaving me whole…and to discourage any buyer from parting
it out, it is priced based on what I feel it’s worth in parts,
eliminating the profit incentive of parting it. I figure if it doesn’t
sell within two weeks, *I* will do the parting out- and I won’t feel so
bad after I’ve given it a shot to leave me whole.

So- if you think it’s savable and shouldn’t be parted out, crack open
your wallet and save it. Otherwise, watch for the parts next month on
eBay. The yard is full, so it can’t wait around for months, hoping for a
savior. It’s dead meat in two weeks.

Located in Morristown, NJ 07960. $2000 firm.

I can send a good pile of detail photos to anyone seriously considering
buying the car…Email me for those.

John W Rosa

www.JavelinAMX.com

1971 AMC Javelin ADPS 401 (resto project)

1972 AMC Javelin SST (parts)

1973 AMC AMX 360/Auto (parts?)

1973 AMC Hornet hatchback (for adoption)

1981 AMC Spirit 258/Auto (custom project)