Re: [AMC-List] Freee

Frank the guy that was looking for a 258 for his Matador was willing to
drive a 3  hour radius of NYC. I am 5 miles north of the Bronx NYC line.
I posted to the list and also to the personal E-Mail addy that was
posted for the guy. Not a peep in 5 days. I realize that parts are
getting hard to come by, especially a good running engine which is why I
hate to send it to the dump. But such is life. 5 years ago I had 2 doors
with glass, a hood and a hatch with glass for an 82 Spirit and 2
bumpers. I couldn't get 200$ for the whole lot. A Spirit drag racer from
New Jersey needed a door. I at the time I needed room in my garage. I
would not just sell one door. He took everything for 200$. I am in the
same position now. I am looking to save 113$ a month for a rented
storage space and the parts I need for my Hornet's to come home to my
garage. My son's Javelin will be gone soon so both Hornet's can be
garaged. Over the years I have collected spare sheet metal parts for my
cars. I have 2 spare doors, a spare hood, 2 NOS front fenders, front and
rear bumpers and all sorts of small parts. I am currently waiting for
another Hornet Hatchback to be parted out at the end of the month so I
can hopefully buy the hatch and 2 rust free front fenders. Like Eddie
Stakes says you will never see these parts re-po'd so in case of an
accident I have replacements.
"Doc"