[AMC-List] Help pulling hub and axle 60 Rambler

[AMC-List] Help pulling hub and axle 60 Rambler

   Thanks for the advice Tom.   Yes I was asking about the 4 bolts that
   hold the backing plate to the axle housing and recommended torque
   ft/lbs (not specified in manual, I'll assume 'very tight').  I do have
   the manual and it says to use a special axle shaft puller, so that's
   why I was asking, I'm green and don't yet know what I can or can't get
   away with.     And yeah I'm concerned about what kind of shape that
   axle is going to be in, so I didn't want to make things worse
   unwittingly.    Guess I'm picturing the whole setup to be more fragile
   than it actually is.
   I'll give it a try in the a.m. and hopefully have some kind of result
   to post soon.
   Thanks again-  Johnny

   [1]Get FREE company branded e-mail accounts and business Web site from
   Microsoft Office Live