[AMC-List] '64 american yoke [was: Mid America AMC Meeting]

[AMC-List] '64 american yoke [was: Mid America AMC Meeting]

" > From: "Kelly, Jason" <Jason.Kelly@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
" >
" >
" > I was wondering if you could ask any of the members if they know
" > where I could find a driveshaft yoke for my 1964 Rambler American w/
" > 196 6-cyl.
" >
" > This is the yoke that attaches to the driveshaft and slides onto
" > the splined pinion shaft of the rearend and has a big nut that
" > torqes the yoke in position. Mine has slipped evidently years ago
" > and twisted and the splines are ruined.

are you a stickler for originality?

if not, i believe the big-nut-less driveshaft and rearend from a '67-9
american [or '65 w/232] would slip right in.

nb. if it's a '68-9 232, the driveshaft won't fit unless you take the
tranny too, because it is 2" shorter.  otoh you'll love it because
the box is a full synchro t14, and it bolts right in.

nb. other american owners - if you have a non-big-nut car with t96
[199s mostly] and hanker for a t14, it and the driveshaft can also be
found in '68-9 and maybe '70 232 javelins.