Re: [AMC-List] t-5 transmission for 304

SNIP
bw must have an aftermarket t5
with similar specs except for a more reasonable 0.8 5th [the svt's is
0.63, which would be great for a -6th-].
SNIP
To each their own, but I see no benefit to a .8 5th, and would prefer
To have the .63 for a deep over drive.
Thus any building on the transmission that I would do if I felt like
It would be to come up with a close ration 1st 4 gears.
But so far, the stock ratio's and the deep overdrive have proven to
be a very workable combination. This is using a 3.15 positraction
final drive.
The car cruises effortless in 5th and both practical and impractical
Road speeds.
Also the stock Mustang location for the shifter is perfect for what
I like in my Javelin.
John.