Re: [AMC-List] 287/327 Piston Heights

Thanks,
I wrote that. I thought that was how the compression was dropped as I was pretty sure they ran flattop pistons in both engines.
I looked at the shortblock in my shop yesterday and it is a 4 barrel engine.
Just doing a rough check of two pistons at tdc they are over .060" down the hole.
The engine uses steel shim head gaskets, so even the four barrel could use some decking to get the pistons up to a quench compliant state.
  I'm thinking of starting the search for a fresh set of 4 barrel pistons.
My Jeep 327 is the 2 barrel variant. It only has 37,000 miles on it so it should be good for standard bore pistons barring some unknown at this time problem.
 Be nice to find a piston with a slight dish to keep it at 9-1 for gas but get it into quench. Probably not worth the trouble just speculating at this time.
--
Mark Price
markprice242ATadelphia.net