Re: [AMC-List] Intake Manifold Installation

Re: [AMC-List] Intake Manifold Installation

> Message: 15
> Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2006 22:27:31 -0400
> From: David Crooks <david.crooks@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: Re: [AMC-List] Intake manifold installation.
> To: amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> <snip>
> Is there some trick to this that I'm missing? Do I still need the valley
> pan, even with the regular gaskets in place?
> <snip>
>
> Hang on a tick, I'm not clear what you're saying here....
> The valley pan -is- the gasket.  Are you trying to use both it,
> and something else?
>
> Dave
I think I see what happened.

When I ordered the new manifold and carb from Jeg's, I asked for the
installation kit to go with it; they sent along gaskets, carb studs,
intake bolts, and so on. They sent a pair of regular, Felpro gaskets, so
we put those on and then started worrying about the valley pan.

They sent the wrong part, or at least the wrong part for my engine; the
valley pan won't line up properly because those gaskets aren't supposed
to be there. It's just the pan between the heads and the intake, right?

Well, there's a wasted morning. Heh.

--Matt