Re: [AMC-List] charity amx

Interesting thread. Something not mentioned here however is what is called
'charity fatigue' though. This is a interesting report out of all places,
Minnesota:
http://www.kare11.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=110475
Since the Charity AMX project was started however as mentioned above link,
there have been a mess of monster tragedies all over world, and many here in
US that have happened from the attack of September 11th, to Hurricanes
Katrina, Rita and Wilma for instance.

This link below is a good example with many suffering donor fatigue:
http://www.poynter.org/column.asp?id=2&aid=90557

With many here in Houston is is simply Katrina fatigue:
http://www.charitynavigator.org/index.cfm/bay/content.view/cpid/340.htm

Charity is charity whether in the form of a donation of clothes, money,
food, or your time to help others. There is a good long list of businesses,
individuals, clubs that have donated time, money, effort, sweat, parts, and
other to make this Charity AMX a reality:
http://www.mattsoldcars.com/charityamx/

Yes, it has taken longer than is was supposed to. So have projects like the
Big Dig! But on the Matt's Old cars link showing sponsors, that is rather
impressive and note that the sponsors list was last updated April 2004, 29
months ago. There have been a lot of people donate and work on the car that
are NOT listed on that list either!

I may add while this project is not really in limbo, but sort of like a set
of AMC vacuum wipers, slow, there have been a number of AMC things that have
cratered along the way: whole chapters, AMC Magazine, AMCWC, and neat ideas
that well, never happened like AMC Unity Club, AMC Council, AMCforum.net
(which is back online), but there have been a number of AMC related
fatalities along the old AMC road since Charity AMX was launched. We
(AMCers) should be grateful to all who have taken a small part of their
time, effort, know how, money, anything 'donated' to this cause however.
While it still has a way to go, most projects do. And even more so if being
done by nothing but people who are volunteering.

I hope this don't become a pissing war about who did what, when and who
donated this and that. The last thing it would need is a Red Cross fiasco
stigmatizing it, whereas those who may want to donate, would not.
Eddie Stakes'
Planet Houston AMX
713.464.8825
eddiestakes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx