Re: [AMC-List] Charity AMX

Maybe Tom just needed to stir up some people! John Barncord and John Widiker have both now expressed an interest in taking the car for a bit, and we've got a transportation offer from Pete Savage! I'll be in communication with all three shortly. One of my fall projects (after I get caught up -- should be near the end of this week) was to get this project back on track and near completion, but Tom Benvie jumped in before I could (which is a good thing, BTW).

To let everyone know -- the plan is for the car to have one more stop, get what can be done on the interior and detail work done, then get the car back to Tom for any remaining work this spring. I hope that is satisfactory to all involved.

It's been a long project, and it has seemingly stalled while the car has been in Wisconsin. Much necessary body work got done over the two years it was there though, so I'm not entirely disappointed -- I think it will prove to be beneficial in the long run. But it has taken much longer than anticipated or expected, and Tom has a right to be a bit upset. He started the project and would like to see it come to fruition. It will be fitting that he complete the car's journey.

This is open for discussion, since most who have worked on the car read the list. Feel free to post your comments.

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"