Re: [AMC-List] Alternative to Carter for Spirit GT

Re: [AMC-List] Alternative to Carter for Spirit GT

" From: jackbarncord@xxxxxxx
"
" 83 Spirit 258 2bbl:
"
" Okay, so an early 318 2bbl carb, sounds good, but let me ask this, what
" about a slant six 2bbl?  The 318 would be jetted for larger cubes and
" the 225 "super six" carb, I would think, should be jetted more
" conservatively.  Does it share the same intake pattern?  One could
" always play with jet sizing and there has to be a ton of those carbs
" out there somewhere.

yes, they have the same intake and aircleaner.

the 318 carter also has slightly larger venturii than the amc and i'd
expect the slant one.

i don't know if they went to a holley on the sixes as well as the
318s, but i di know they kept the 2bbl slant in production almost
through the '80s, long after the 318 replaced its bbd with a holley.
i don't think the 225's carter would be different enough from the amc
to be worth anything except as a trade-in core.