[AMC-List] Alternative to Carter for AMC Spirit

[AMC-List] Alternative to Carter for AMC Spirit

Tom J. said:

Even rebuilds are a problem; places like Tomco flooded
the
market with crap work done on lousy cores.  Being a
really
critical part, you want a good one.  If you can find a
good
one (I hunted for used Chry carbs to no avail here) go
for it
of course.
-----------------------------

I just bought a non-feedback rebuilt BBD carb for my
77 Gremlin.  The car still has to pass smog since it's
a 77 model and I wanted to replace the original carb
for that reason.  I have not had the car on the road
yet, but it seems to run much better than with the old
carb which needed a rebuild.   I ususally rebuild my
own carbs, but with the many complaints about the BBD
carb, I wanted one with a "lifetime" warranty.  I
bought the carb from National Carburetor (in Florida I
think).  It remains to be seen whether they will honor
the warranty if needed.

Joe Fulton
Salinas, CA