[AMC-List] Charity AMX?

A number of years ago I donated a 1970 AMX as a project car that came to be known as the "Charity AMX".  This came about after discussions on the AMC-List about restoring a car as a "list project", and everyone was talking about ways to do it, they just didn't have a car.  My daughter spent endless weeks in Children's Hospital in Boston at the time, so I donated the car with the understanding that all proceeds from the car go to Children's Hospital to help families deal with a variety of problems (I live about 20 miles away and it was very hard on my family.  This hospital is world renowned, and people come from all over the world to get treatment here.  It is difficult to find a place to stay, park your car, even to buy toiletries and food, let alone the tremendous emotion of having a sick child).  With a lot of hype, the car left Boston and headed south and has visited Florida, Georgia, Texas, and Wisconsin.  At each stop, more and more was done to make this a show car.  A!
 t first
, people donated time, money, and parts and it got off to a great start.  But now what?  It is still in Wisconsin, with no place to go, nobody (outside of the few in Wisconsin who have it now) seems to be interested in finishing the car.  It is like the project is dead.  This is partly due to the fact the people who put themselves in charge have dropped the ball-for whatever reason, but the ball has been dropped.  This is a shame.

I would like the car back to finish this project as planned.  The Barret Jackson auction is in a few months and I would like it done by then so it can be shown and sold at this show.  Surely there is enough money in the budget to transport it back to Mass.  Though the New England AMC Club has passed on (another sad story) there are still enough members local to me who want to get this finished and will help out.  I am still AMC-less so have a spot in the garage for the car and will be happy to post updates as the project moves along.  There are just a few months left as the Auction is the second week of January.

This would also be a time to ask for monetary donations.  There are some charities I give to every year, so for those who already gave once, please do it again.  Let's get this thing finished!
--
Thomas M. Benvie