Re: [AMC-List] 65 Amer. Speedo reverser, AC install

A: Did you check the cable is turning? The gear(s) inside the trans may be
shot. (there is a drive gear and a driven gear) Are they on an eccentric
like the later Mopar trannies? If so, you have to count the number of teeth
and rotate the "plug" that goes into the trans so the arrow (on the housing)
is facing the correct number range.

From: "Gary L. Kirk" <glkirkbuilders@xxxxxxx>
Subject: [AMC-List] 65 Amer. Speedo reverser, AC install
To: <amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Some time ago Frank suggested that maybe the problem with my
speedo was that it was being turned in reverse. I tend to
believe it as I know the tranny is not original to the car, and
the old cable had the tranny end hose clamped together. I always
thought it was clamped because someone wanted to shorten it. I
threw away the old cable. I have a new cable, it went in just
fine, but neither of the heads that I have seem to work. Does
anyone have any more thoughts on this and or some parts for
sale?
Also, I purchased an under dash AC system for this car. I think
I am going to have to find a way to mount the Power steering
pump elswhere, as I think the compressor goes where it is. This
is the 232 motor.
Does anyone have any thoughts and or parts for sale concerning
this?
Thank everyone for all their help with this, and in the past!
Gary Kirk

Jim Blair, Seattle, WA '84 J10 Black Jack (getting lifted and stroked!), '73
J4000 304/TH400/QT tow truck http://www.virtualjeep.com

AMC list subscription options link
http://www.amxfiles.com/amc-list/options.cfm