Re: [AMC-List] 65 Amer. Speedo reverser, AC install

Re: [AMC-List] 65 Amer. Speedo reverser, AC install

P/S steering was mounted on either side of the 232 so moving the pump is not a problem. Just find the setup you need.
   I'd hold the speedo cabl under the dash and spin the cable with the car on jack stands and see wich way it turns. The compare that rotation to the speedo by spinning it with your fingers to see if the speedo moves when you spin it that way.
 You can usually get the needle to jump by giving the endof the speedo a quick spin. Or if it is out you can use a drill at slow speed to carefully spin the speedo. If it is turning backwards I'd contact a speedo shop to see if they have a solution.
--
Mark Price
markprice242ATadelphia.net