Re: [AMC-List] ebait: 330008960552/golf/scotch

Re: [AMC-List] ebait: 330008960552/golf/scotch

"being of scottish extraction - though not a golfer - i feel the need
to interject a few comments."

Arrrr. Some of the place I have worked here in Houston have been
Scotch/Irish/British pubs. One place, Grif's, the Irish national rugby team
was in town for a exhibition. Guess what? So was the English national team.
So they both end up at Grif's. I would rather fill a room full of Isralies
and Palastineians than put those two groups together. Some serious hate
there. It is easier filling a room with Auburn and Alabama fans on game day,
or for Iron Bowl than mixing up those two. Maybe Texas and Texas A&M fans in
same room. They....just...do...not....LIKE EACH OTHER.

Hmmm...those Scotties did like Coors, and almost 20 years later I still am
baffled at that, but all of them were drinking Coors. We had Harp, Guiness,
Bass, over 30 beers on tap, but they wanted Coors in a can. Did I mention
they like to sing? It looked like a Willie Nelson concert in there, not a
full set of teeth. Of course I have heard those Brits like to eat toothpaste
on crackers, God knows they don't actually USE the stuff, would hate to be a
dentist in Britian, would go out of business.

AMC content. When all hell broke loose in southern Lebanon a few weeks ago,
they shows a lot of people escaping to Syria. In the ensuing madhouse to
escape and in the traffic which looked like hurricane Rita here last year,
there was a glimpse of a AMC wagon in traffic. Appeared to be a mid 1970s
Ambassador or Matador, you could only see the back end of it. Not the first
AMC seen caught in war...years ago when Iraq invaded Kuwait, people were
fleeing to Jordan. Not one, but two AMCs were seen, a Hornet and a Gremlin,
both loaded with people.

Ah, onto better things, my guess is that Mahoney after a few pops is
dreaming of this
http://www.planethoustonamx.com/stuff/anglea_3.JPG
hope he had a good 'score' no pun intended. As for scotch, here is a good
page with all your favorites. Or to learn differences, and rate them from
Glenlivet to Glenfiddich to Glenmorangie, have poured them all.
http://www.scotchwhisky.net/
Why buy that restored AMX (or two) when you can get a good scotch for
$38,000?
http://wealthwonders.blogspot.com/2006/06/high-end-liquors.html
Cheers to Kenosha!

Eddie Stakes'