Re: [AMC-List] Mustang II Front suspension

Date: Thursday, September 7, 2006 01:41 PM
From: markprice242@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Anyone want to see a Mustang II suspension in an America?
This one is pretty visisble for a look see.

eBay Item: 200023321638

I saw this and saved the photos. Pretty neat installation, but still a
lot of time, work, and money for no real gain. Modern rebuilt trunnions
will accomplish the same for less time and $$$. If you're going the show
car route and just have to have large front brakes and flashy suspension
pieces, this is the way to go. In other words, if you have the money and
just want to do it, take the time and money to do it right like that
installation. Just don't expect anything more than "gee whiz" factor.
Handling and ride may actually be worse -- there's a reason AMC used the
high spring mounting since the mid 50s!