[AMC-List] Front Shocks for 63 American

Are the FRONT shocks for the 63 American really rare?
There's a pair on Ebay I may bid on, but I haven't
seen a listing on Napa online for them and
rockauto.com doesn't list them.  I have not checked
the AMC vendors or Kanter.

Also, was there an exhaust manifold gasket on the OHV
196?  I have dismantled three of these engines in the
last year and I can't remember whether there was a
gasket or not.   My 63 American will need one freeze
plug replaced (along with that pipe running along the
engine to the heater core) and so the exhaust manifold
will probably need to come off soon.

Progress report:  I had four 15-inch x 4 1/2 inch
station wagon wheels powder coated dark grey this week
to replace the skinny four-inch wheels on the
American.  I have new whitewalls and 63 dog dishes to
go on the wheels to spiff it up some.  Can't leave
well enough alone.

Regards,
Joe Fulton
Salinas, CA