Re: [AMC-List] Front Shocks for 63 American

Re: [AMC-List] Front Shocks for 63 American

" From: JOE FULTON <piper_pa20@xxxxxxxxxxx>
"
"
" Progress report:  I had four 15-inch x 4 1/2 inch
" station wagon wheels powder coated dark grey this week
" to replace the skinny four-inch wheels on the
" American.  I have new whitewalls and 63 dog dishes to
" go on the wheels to spiff it up some.  Can't leave
" well enough alone.

just a note - amc had station wagon wheels as wide as 15x6, around
'70.  also, mopar wheels abruptly changed in the mid '60s and later
ones definitely have smaller hubcaps, but up to '65 or '66 i believe
[haven't confirmed] they take the same size as amc.  they have plenty
of 15x6" and 14x6.5" from the late '50s and early '60s and even a
pickup 15x8" which is 5x4.5" and takes hubcaps.