[AMC-List] =milnersXcoupe=

Date: Sunday, September 3, 2006 12:16 PM
From: eddiestakes <eddiestakes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Brian, if it is that close to you, it would be in best interest to go
pick
it up. I shipped a 70 Javelin hood from Houston to Los Angeles a few
months
ago, and shipping was $480. I just sent a pair of fenders, this
time by FedEx up to Rick Johnson in MA, shipping was $93 for the set,
not
bad, and I used a furniture box.

Possibly cheapest way to ship it is FedEx, then UPS. Greyhoud is a
possibility but a pain in the ass. Good luck,
Eddie Stakes'
Planet Houston AMX
713.464.8825

===   ===

Thanks !  Road Trip it is then - Cherokee gets new Alt. / Serp Belt /
Muff / EFinjector seals / O2 sensor / Oil / front springs next week -
should be good for a Max Effort to Ct. > radio is on the 'Fritz'
...... bummer ....... .

Bought the Nose off an '89 Dodge Daytona - in Red - has the Factory
Air Dam & driving lights & Turbo 'Blister' Hood, both fenders , front
'Nose' facia & hide away headlamps > 'clean' .

Hood is wider than the Eagle - will grind the circumferences of the
Daytona hood - remove it from that frame & mount it to the Eagle hood
frame, sounds easy.....Right ?

;)  luck has it as a neighbours is a retired Shop Teacher - recently
built a Beach Boys replica '32 Deuce - has an English Wheel metal
shaper machine too - his Wife runs around in a 'Spyder' Turbo Corvair
.... Should be interesting !

The 6spd. 2004 Lexus LS430 Trans ships out from Detroit next Saturday
- goes to New Jersey :  www.importperformancetrans.com  - or -
www.IPT.com > great shop, check it out on the .net .

John will go thru the Trans. - has some Mods to make it live behind
the LL8 :

http://tinyurl.com/qhjwt

Travis is doing the 'Ground Breaking' for the Turbo on this engine -
with STOCK internals he's projecting 450HP - and being the engine is
around 400lbs. > I can just unlatch the 'Fun in the Sun' sun-roof -
punch the accelerator & the Sun-roof will open by itself ;) [ while
the Uni-Body emulates spaghetti 'Os' ] ............

I know ........ but hey, first Eagle Kammback I'd ever seen had an
'ooozing' GM 4cyl. under the bonnet & this '6' version is 290HP
Stock !

The guys on Strokers.com bench raced a 'concept engine' for the next
Generation 'JEEP' I-6 to replace the 4.0 > end result was the LL8 -
so an 'Tissue' apology won't be forthcoming anytime soon.......>

One GM Original Intent for the DOHC LL8 was the CORVETTE - harking
back to the 'Blue Flame Six' of the '53 - '55 'Vette -

thankfully, they went into Delivery Vans & SUV Blimps.

Next consideration is the IRS - and as the Kammback has a short
wheelbase, weight matters alot >

 I swapped ends in a '64 Porsche once - once is enough !

http://www.fi-r.net/images2/TurboTrailblazerBurnout.wmv

Burnout sound isn't impressive [SUV Blimp] - sounds like the  1-2
shift is goofy, but it pulls nicely once underway.

OK - .............that's 'True Confessions' >

I've air-nailed sheet plywood over my windows & the Post Office will
be holding all deliveries until checked for Anthrax !

     milnersXcoupe
       NEW YORK