[AMC-List] Strut Rod Bushings Revisited Ford/AMC

[AMC-List] Strut Rod Bushings Revisited Ford/AMC

SNIP
Someone said they interchange with the early mustang pieces.
SNIP

I t was I.   I do believe. The instruction set that I have for the 2
piece set give both AMC and Ford Installation information leading one to
believe that the same part is used for Ford and AMC.  However the line
diagram supplied for installation does not account for the compression
vs tension installation.

SNIP
I question their use however as the load is reversed from the  designed
use. Mustang Bushings are being pulled and AMC is in  compression.

i don't think this is true.  the Ford strut rod is in tension instead of
compression, but the front of the Ford bushing should be compressed just
like the front of the amc bushing.
SNIP

As the strut rod pivots at the bushing to allow for lower control arm
movement, does this mean that the pregnant side of the large washers
face forward, towards the rear or does one face forward and the other
towards the rear and if so which one. Also which way would the bushing
install in the hole in the strut rod mount?
The line drawing on the instruction sheet seems to indicate that the
installation drawn is the Ford application.

The referenced URL's seem to indicate that the part is a complete strut
rod substitution. While the somewhat trick bushing looks interesting the
whole strut rod most probably will not work.

John.