[AMC-List] Diary of a crippled white man III

[AMC-List] Diary of a crippled white man III

Stayed up till 2:30 am as I have surgery today and can’t eat after midnight.
I figure I’ll sleep in, not to be. I am up at 8:30. Oh well at least I can sleep on the table.
I’m not thrilled with the general anesthesia thing. I’ve also spent 5 weeks with this collar bone as-is. It sucks, My shoulder is out of alignment and just doesn’t work right. I’m hoping things go well and I can get this behind me. Surgery isn’t scheduled till 2:30, I don’t go in to 1:00. I’m hungry and miss my coffee!
   Over the last couple of days I’ve cruised a couple of ideas.
Strut rod bushings. Someone said they interchange with the early mustang pieces. If so, there are a few places that I have seen making pieces for the early Mustangs. Global West, TCP, Or these, all seem to cost about the same.

http://www.streetortrack.com/Street-or-Track-Adjustable-Strut-Rods-pr-16135.html

This second set from TCP is awesome and rebuildable.

http://totalcontrolproducts.com/download/datasheets/STRD_DS_WEB.pdf

I question their use however as the load is reversed from the designed use. Mustang Bushings are being pulled and AMC is in compression.

 Granted the solid rod ends will likely not be for everyone, but it is an alternative to 30 year old rubber or crappy aftermarket bushings.
   The October issue of Car Craft has a nice gauge retrofit article on the CC rambler. It’s go me thinking, someday I may pursue this as I have several extra dash panels to work with :]
   Back to me, 1 hour of surgery to have the pin put in. No lifting anything till the surgeon releases me to do so. If all goes well and I heal up in a week or two he will release me to return to light duty at work. The in 6-8 weeks I will have to go back and have the pin pulled, Wonderfull.
   Enough for now,

--
Mark Price
markprice242ATadelphia.net