[AMC-List] 65 "Prototype"

Well some of the nonsense and hype about the car being a prototype is
working in that the auction is now up to $12K with 5 days left to go.

With similar instances of this kind of hooey always seeming to swirl around
AMC cars in one form or another, derived from some knucklehead that knows
enough about AMCs to be dangerous but not enough to realize that AMC factory
records were very "relaxed" and not always terribly accurate, it's no wonder
our favorite vintage auto company is not generally supported by more classic
car enthusiasts.

On the other hand, it is a really nice vintage convertible so hopefully the
eventual buyer will own it because he or she likes it not because it is a
one of prototype which it clearly is not.

Regards,
Dan Curtis
d.curtis@xxxxxxx