Re: [AMC-List] 258 header

A: Probably the cheapest setup would be a 4.0L exhaust manifold from an '87 to '90 Cherokee or Comanche. The 4.2L one for Jeeps hangs lower (it'll be ground by the ground!) and it's known to fit Eagles so it should work in a Hornet. I usually sell them for $40 or so on Ebay (when I can free them from the "AMC vault of horror" aka my storage locker that's big enough to hide a small bus in)

----- Original Message -----
From: "ray crossno" <carrera_rc7@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <eddiestakes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, July 22, 2006 7:35 PM
Subject: 258 header

Hi, my name is Ray and I have a question about a 258 header. I
have a '71
amc hornet, and I have a offy intake with a 4 barrel on it. So
I wanted to
find a header to put on it, but no one sells one to go on a
hornet. There
is a jeep 258 header but will it fit on a hornet past the
mounting flange?
I have called hedman, hooker, pace setter, jegs, and summit,
but no one
knows if it will fit. Any help is very much appreciated.
E-MAIL is
carrera_rc7@xxxxxxxxxxx, thanks.