[AMC-List] This must not stand

 I was looking at the issue of Super Rod magazine that
is on the news stands yesterday.  There is an article
by a guy named Dave Hill in that issue about 5000
dollar rides to fix up.  They mention AMC's a couple
of times and totally screwed it up.  Bad writing, and
bad editing.  We need to let them know that this must
not stand.  Spread the word, post it on any forums of
which you are a member, including the Jeep places and
any normal "hot rod" places or Mopar ones.  I will do
so here, and on the Eagle's Nest.  Here is what I
wrote to the editor of Super Rod, on their site at

http://www.superrod.com
----------------------------------------------------------->-
 Editor:
I read with some considerable dismay the article on
the 5000 dollar cars. I find it inexcusable for any
car guy, and especially any car magazine editor, to
misidentify a 1961-63 Rambler American convertible as
a "1961 Studebaker Lark".  This does an injustice to
both brands, both of which never receive any kind of
respect anyway by the car hobbies at large.  I was
also not thrilled by the "Gremlin" which appeared to
be heavily modified with 1960's Dodge Dart sheet
metal.  There were two other misidentified cars on
that same page. I believe that the "Nash" in one
picture is actually a Hudson Terraplane. I am in the
process of establishing an American Motors museum.  I
run into this all the time.  You remember American
Motors Corporation?  They used to build cars in the
United States, of all places.  At least you correctly
identified the Willys in the feature story(You can
probably thank the owner for that). I'm glad I noticed
this in the store, so I could put it back on the shelf
and buy a magazine by someone who knows what they are
doing.

I encourage anyone who gives a rat's patootie about
AMC cars, or decent automotive journalism for that
matter, to respond with force, but politely. No
name-calling, simply point out the absolute lameness
of this situation.
mike